AUTHOR AND CONSULTANT
Author and contributor to 7 1/2 books, acclaimed by Professors Charles Handy, Adrian Furnham, Harvey Goldsmith CBE and Tom Peters. Peter appears on BBC, CNN, Bloomberg TV and in The FT, Independent, Guardian et al. with his ideas. He won a prize for his work on leadership from Sir Richard Branson and now writes and leads events for Virgin. Peter has followed three concurrent passions over 30 years: science; business and music:
- Leading innovative Pharmaceutical Product Research and Development teams to bring multi-million dollar life saving drugs safely to the market, including the first treatments for HIV / AIDS, Herpes and the development of Human Insulin.
- Trouble-shooting businesses and starting up factories around the world in critical conditions where failure could hurt the enterprise considerably.
- Internal business, organisation development and change consultancy to introduce long-term change to business units and increase their innovation and creativity levels.
- Writing and tutoring for Business Schools at MBA level for blue chip companies around the world.
- Writing and performing music and speaking around the world on the parallels between business and the arts. Peter interviews a wide range of world-class musicians in this role including people connected with Prince, Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Yes, AC / DC, Meatloaf and The Who.
Peter has an MBA, is a Chartered Chemist, Fellow of The CIPD and an NLP Old Master. He brings this combination of theory and experience together in events and conferences that reach way beyond the keynote speaker fare. He is also an accomplished rock, pop and jazz musician, having performed alongside Bernie Tormé, John Otway, Wilko Johnson, Patti Russo, Meatloafs long-term singing partner and songstress with Queen and Cher. He also famously sponsored an entrepreneurial adventure to go on a record breaking round the world rocknroll adventure The Real Spinal Tap Tour. The tour was an unmitigated disaster, but the story of this comedy of errors has very powerful lessons for entrepreneurs and people trying to start new ventures.
Peter sometimes works in partnership with a roster of Class A rock stars with performances with Queen, Celine Dion, Anastasia, Pink Floyd, Meatloaf, Ozzy Osbourne, Cher etc. Together, they provide insights into leadership through working with some of the worlds most precocious talents plus an aftershow live jamming session where audience members get to learn the gentle art of improvisation, working alongside professional musicians and the celebrity themselves.